.Commit the oldest sins in the newest kind of ways.

Friday 24 June 2011

My Precious




Take me to any Jewelry or Accessories store, take a walk around and come back. You will find me glued in the Rings section, nose to glass counter, wide-eyed and maybe even drooling!
Yes, I am an addict. I have a Ring Addiction, its growing and leaving me powerless. Cocktail Rings are my weakness, my Heroin and I can never have enough, so Greedy, I know !
When I look at those delicious, shiny things in different sizes and styles calling to my spindly fingers, I truly understand that scene in Tropic Thunder where Jack Black’s character sees that huge pile of Heroin and goes mental!
I have a small collection of cocktail rings with an equal balance of strong statement pieces and quiet subtle pieces. The thing I love about them is that they can instantly glamorize any outfit without me having to think too hard. Don’t have the right bracelet for an outfit? Just slip on a ring or two.
Here are some of from my Freaky Animal Collection. I can’t seem to buy any ‘normal’ animal rings (supposedly butterflies, dragonflies, ponies, owls and some other girly gobshite) I always end up picking the creepy and odd animal ones. Why? Oddball, remember?


 Top row- some of my bling pieces
Bottow row- animal rings



       I also see fit to invest in subtle and demure rings that don’t over-accessorize a look.

The simper ones.


My Grade 4 Heroin.
From left to right : YSL Arty ring, Stone and Rhinestone ring missselfridge.com, YSL enamel Lapis ring,
 Pamela Love stacked Talon ring, Zebra head ring topshop.com, Foil tear ring topshop.com, Tom Hardy Naga head ring,
Carolee LUX Cluster ring, Kenneth Jay Lane Swarovski crystal ring, Old Navy beaded cluster ring, Crystal Crystal ring hm.com, Plain Gold Armour ring topshop.com, Tiger Double and Heart stretch ring both Betsey Johnson.






Lovely aren’t they? The YSL, John Hardy and Vivienne Westwood  (armour style) rings literally drive me into a tizzy. Alas! Someday I shall buy them and strut about unnecessarily flailing my hands around.
So let me know what you think about Rings and your favourites as well as what accessory makes you Greedy.
   Exploding High-Five !
Naaz

4 comments:

  1. loving that ysl ring too :) now they have it with amber-like stone too, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just plain gorgeous. I really do envy people who have them :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou ! Oh I left a post on your blog asking about the rings you are wearing in the Velvet Cloud post. I love them !

    ReplyDelete